Monday, September 8, 2014

Entering a new family

There's so much going on in my head I don't really know what to write. One thing is for certain is that it's not as easy as I had anticipated. Knowing that your contribution is very important and you haven't yet quite grasped what's expected of you. As I stood in the kitchen looking around me processing everything a strong emotion approached me. I looked at the drawing on the fridge and tried to understand. My heart was filled with sorrow. It broke my heart. The drawing tells a tale of what has transpired. 

I've only been here for a few days and already I've taken in so much, learned so much, thought about so much. I just want to snap my fingers and make it all go away. I just want to remove all the stress. It feels like the most essential thing just isn't as present as it should be, but I can tell that it's there. It's just that the situation is tight. I want to be better. I want to do more. I want to help.

I can't help but to think about others people in this same situation. How do they handle it? Knowing how common it is makes a scary reality. I don't get how people do it. Also it's a reminder of why we see the things we see.

I'm just wondering if I actually can make a difference or not. Am I going to be of help or will I end up being more of a burden? Of course I can make a difference! That's why I'm here. I'm here to help. At the same time I realise I can't do it by myself. Thankfully I'm not alone either.

No comments:

Post a Comment