Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Another sleepless night....

I just came home from a midnight run. Reason is that I cannot sleep. No particular reason really, but there seems to be something bothering me from beneath the surface... Or at least that's my theory. Don't have any other valid reason why I feel so compelled to stay awake even though I have work in the morning. Or maybe it's just the summer holidays which keep me awake ? That would be a valid reason but since this happens to me more often than just during the short summer I don't quite know what to think. Another theory would be my passive lifestyle as it is at the moment. Since "there's nothing to do" no energy is used up and when night falls the energy level is still far from zero. See the sad thing is that there's so much opportunity to do lots of stuff but there's a psychological barrier keeping me from using these opportunities that are presented to me.

But when I think about the reason to why this is my answer usually ends up being my friends. I feel as though it were my friends fault. And this feeling is unsettling since I don't want to blame them. But maybe this is what people mean by "Finnish people are gloomy and sad" ?
Since most of the people I know never really do anything. During the weekend go to a pub and drink themselves silly or wonder around town aimlessly, not actually doing anything.
But maybe that only applies to the people around here ?

Maybe it's just me being lazy complaining like this and not doing anything about it ? Now that would b the most logical thing to assume... It's not like if it's anybodies fault that my life is boring but my own... Or ? Anybody wanna come out and confess ? Didn't really think so, since it's no one else bears the blame but me. But then there's the issue of finding both energy and the willpower to change things for the better.....

Now I told you about my curse.... Tell me about yours !


No comments:

Post a Comment