Monday, May 10, 2010

Distance and Solitude

As I have taken my distance and found my solitude I see that clarity which I've been searching. With taking my distance I've got time to think. Time to understand more and more of the situation. My own situation. I cannot explain how but these recent events have been so familiar. These recent realizations and thoughtless insights are familiar. As if it is nothing new really, but just a reminder. I've not actually found anything new, the answer is yet the same. But somehow it's significance has changed. As if my understanding is greater. I feel the situation even more than before. Is this a growth that has taken place? Do I now see things more clearly? What has changed really? Has there been a change? Most likely something is different. Be it the situation or my perspective. I have dreamt of these things. Dreams that I've had from when I was very young. Sometimes I wonder why I keep remembering these dreams as they take on a reality in my life.

I'm currently reading a quite interesting book. "The Power of Now". It's given me some ideas and things to think about. Presence, mind, body, compulsive thought and such things. A very deep spiritual book. Goes into how you are not your mind. How your mind is a tool of which you could become a slave to. And how society is based and built up around your mind. He brings up suffering from a different aspect than you normaly see it. What suffering really is. What sin really is. How time does not really exist. That everything is of the present. That time does in fact not really exist as future, past and present but everything is the present. That the past is a stream of memory which is of now. That stress is wanting to be in the future and not in the present. How we want to be somewhere else than we are today. He brings up quite interesting aspects on life. A book I really would recommend to anyone who's least bit interested. Somewhat hard to understand sometimes but really worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment