Friday, September 10, 2010

Easier to Run

Reflecting over life usually tells you the most obvious truths. Truths which are so obvious they're sometimes hard to realize. One thing I realized is that I'd much rather not live in this reality. I'd like to live in another. Where certain things, in this world which are considered important, would be trivial. And this pressure wouldn't be so largely felt. Continuously being pressured into similar situations. The direction of life never really changing significantly. The same loop of reality going on. Always in the same spiral which only changes by the diameter. And the diameter is never changing. The simple instinct of nearly all humans is "fight or run". Why is it that reality is to either fight or lay down and get run over? Running in this society is just not a possibility. There is absolutely no gain to run. Any attempt at running will only result in you eventual capture, with a new punishment waiting. Even if you manage to completely dodge the captors you still get "captured" by one thing or another. A feeling, another persons feeling, regret, consequences and so on.. So many "have to!"s and "must"s... I'm sick of it all! When most things aren't even necessary. But their reasoning is "Although we have experienced some difficulties in the past this is what we have done for 40 years and over all it has worked". And when you say that you don't understand why there has to be this specific way of conduct when there is a second or a third option which at least in my case works better. But no! "That's not the way you're meant to do it. This is how I learnt this and you have to learn it this way as well". And when I say "This is not my problem, what I have difficulty with is over there" the response sound like " Yeah, i don't care. This is what everyone else has problem with so, so should you". Just like telling me "These pairs of glasses has worked for me for 40 years. So they should work just as well for you". I then say that I don't have the same eyes and that there's nothing wrong with my eye sight. The reply follows "Just do as I say and everything will be okay" completely without any diagnosis whatsoever. Always having all these quick fixes showered over you.

It would just be easier to run. Away from reality a while and to return to a more quieted down situation. But somehow people find it contemporary to hold a grudge in case there is something wrong... The most minor detail might have a "significant" difference in such cases..

No comments:

Post a Comment