Thursday, December 15, 2011

The Haunting

It's funny the way things of the past can haunt things of the present. The things you used to feel and fear sneak up on you and you end up with the exact same sensation for no apparent reason. You remember the ache and solitude of the past and it replays in your emotions. It's like a vampire that sucks out your vital energies, refusing to let go.


There are no excuses though. It is my fault and my fault alone. Sure, every now and then I would want to blame the world, but in the end it's all me, not you.


Things aren't going to change by themselves. At best they could be in the right direction already, but that's highly unlikely. We are the ones who have to make sure things change. That's simply a natural law. In order for something to happen it must be affected in the right manner. In other words you have to treat the problem in order for it to get any better. If you want to turn right you'll have to turn the steering wheel as well. That's a simple and logical fact.


Even with this knowledge, many of us struggle with problems. Some may be trivial and some may very well be threatening our lives.


The fire will spread unless you keep it in check. 


Though we have the capacity to understand these things we're not very good at acting upon them. Not only do I leave things for myself, I see others do the same. I try to tell them that it's a bad idea, I know by experience that it is. Leaving things in limbo and pretending they aren't there won't make things right. Leaving the candle under the rope will surely make the rope give out if you leave it there long enough.




It all turns to smoke

No comments:

Post a Comment