Monday, June 11, 2012

Potential

Sometimes I get around to thinking about myself. I think about who I was. I think about who I am. I think about who I wanted to become. I think about all the things I could do, but can't any more. I think about the progress I made, only to regress to something even more pathetic than where I started off. I look at the hopes and dreams I had and how close I was to achieving just that. I walked right into the toxic trap only to slowly fall in decline, losing almost all hope I had.

I wonder if the potential ever was there. I wonder if there still is potential or if that's just what I've been telling myself all these years to keep myself floating. I wonder if there is anyone else who sees that potential or if that's just another figment of my imagination.

There was a light, there was that one candle in the dark. I can't see the light anymore, has someone blown out the candle?

No comments:

Post a Comment