Monday, November 19, 2012

The Road Ahead

I wouldn't look for something new, how could I? I know that it would only be to fill a space, but why would I want that? I know that the situation would only end up the same. Right now that would only cause everybody pain.

Even though I believe it was the best thing to do I'm still in grief. I'm sure the other part feels it too. It is said that if you love something you sometimes have to let it go, well I think that applies to this situation. It's not easy, I knew it wouldn't be. Love isn't always easy. Love isn't always what you want it to be.

Sometimes love means giving something up for the better of someone else, even though it mightn't be the most pleasant thing to do. Doing the right thing isn't always the easiest. I mean if the right thing always was the easiest then life would be so much simpler, but it isn't.

Still I keep thinking whether or not we we're in a hurry with the decision making. I keep thinking if there was anyway to change the situation into one that would work. I keep wondering if I should have thought about it more. I keep thinking that I should have tried harder.

Then again I'm pretty sure these are the kinds of thoughts one has if they make a life-changing decision and has not yet experienced the consequences properly. I'm sure time will tell us.

Where exactly to go on from here is unclear. Maybe I have to wait for the fog to settle before I can look forward. Right now I have to watch my step and slow down.

No comments:

Post a Comment