Thursday, December 30, 2010

End of Camp

(I just have to say it's fun when people comment, keep on the good work!)

Today everybody went home and camp was over. I have to say I am a bit relieved. Though people are nice and interesting they were a bit many and all around a bit too much. Some people noticed that I didn't really mingle with people around camp like everybody else. Strange feeling when people actually seem to notice things in my behaviour, or it's just that people back home don't care to say anything. So it turns out I'm very mysterious. I don't know if that's good or bad. It's nice if people like to get to know me but Philippina women are a bit dangerous. It seems like a simple smile will make people think you are interested and want to get married, or so I'm told.

It's quite nice with people who are so easy to talk to. People who are nice to strangers and people who just simply help each other. The trust between people here is very big. The way small children can run around the village freely and parents don't need to be worried since people around here take care of each other.

Certain things here are a lot better than back home. Finland should maybe learn a bit about Philippino culture, I think that would make life easier and nicer for people.

Yesterday I spoke to this person. We started to exchange thoughts on different subjects and so on and eventually he opened up to me. He told me about his life and what had happened and how badly it had effected him. He told me of his previous lifestyle and everything. It was nice because it seemed as though I really made a difference. I spoke to him today and he was very happy that I had spoken with him the day before and he felt that my advice and my support really helped him.

I feel like I could continue this lifestyle forever. It feels really great being here and helping people and making a difference. Going around and visiting different people who you actually don't know at all and of course messing around with the locals. I really feel that this trip has been a good one and that it will, in the end, rejuvinate me and my mind.

When I come home I will be stronger than ever and I will overcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment