Friday, October 1, 2010

Withdrawal

Today I was shocked to know my own reaction. I saw those intentions and I flinched. I looked away, waiting for the question. This was no big thing. Nothing was at stake. There was no threat. Yet I pulled away, away into my own world. Avoiding conversation. These withdrawals are getting more and more serious. The question that remains is what there is to do about it now. How does one change such a course. Can one such as myself turn away from this current path. I find these things hard to see in front of me. I don't believe for one second I'll ever change this current path. I don't believe I'll find a big enough reason to do so. I'm trapped in my current situation and there's nothing to set me free.

Will this path be one of liberty or one of greater pain and solitude?

No comments:

Post a Comment